Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Giggles

Well, as I have posted before, we have been trying to get Reese giggling on video ever since she started doing it at the beginning of November. Every time she sees the camera, she freezes. The day after Christmas, we finally got it. I was changing her diaper, & Matt walked in the room & started talking to her. She started laughing hysterically. My sister heard it from the other room & sneaked in with the camera. I finally figured out how to upload it here. We edited it so that it wouldn't be upside down, but for some reason the sound disappeared. So, it's probalby most easily viewed while doing a hand stand. Trust me, it will be worth the effort.



The rest of this update is mainly for the Grieffs (my mom's side of the family), so for the rest of you, I'll explain. A few years ago, our family started doing a little gift exchange on Christmas Eve. Each person brings a handful of gifts ($5 or under), & we go around the room picking gifts. We then do a couple rounds of trading/stealing gifts before we open. Most of the gifts are really useful (for example, Matt got some foam seahorses that you grow in water this year). There are always a few gifts that seem to show up each year. There are actually a few coveted items--we have a few of my Grandpa's White Sox collectible items that get passed around from family to family each year. However, most of the "usual" gifts are gifts that everyone tries not to end up with...like my Great Grandma's wig. Well, we were the lucky recipient of the wig last year, so we have been hanging around with it in our basement waiting to re-gift it in this year's exchange. Unfortunately, in the chaos of getting out the door with a baby, I left all of our gifts at home this year (sticking us with the wig for 12 more months). So, since no one was lucky enough to receive our gifts this year, I wanted to share one of them. We had this adorable picture framed, just waiting for a good home. I had to share, it was just too cute.



It's a shame that no one ended up with it. If there are any takers, just let me know! :)

3 comments:

  1. That has got to be one of the cutest baby giggles I have ever heard!
    (Tracy aka electracity on TN)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll take the picture! It's sooooooo cute i can't stand it!

    ReplyDelete