Reese is still loving showing off by rolling back to belly all the time. She has started rolling over in her sleep, & she is sleeping face down on her tummy all night some nights. This makes Matt & I a nervous wreck. We are up constantly (more than the several times she wakes us up) to check the monitor, & sometimes to go in her room & check her. Now, I know that a lot of you who read this blog are probably thinking that it's no big deal & nothing to freak out about because all of your kids slept on their stomaches. They emphasize sleeping on the back so much these days that you feel like you may as well let your baby sleep in a den full of lions if you're going to put her on her tummy. Our pediatrician said that it's okay to leave her on her belly if she puts herself in that position though. If we flip her over, she just flips right back anyhow.
So, to calm our fears a little bit, we borrowed an Angel Care monitor from a friend. This monitor is amazing. It has a little sensor that goes under her mattress, & it monitors her breathing all night. If for some reason it doesn't detect a breath for 20 seconds, an alarm goes off. I know that this really sounds like overkill, but again, we feel like we may as well be letting our baby sleep with lions if she is on her tummy. Did I mention that she also likes to sleep with her face buried in the mattress rather than turned to the side?? So, yeah, we sleep with a video monitor and the breathing monitor. (Once again, did I mention that she buries her face in the mattress???) We're those kind of crazy parents.
Anyhow, this monitor is pretty nifty, but it freaked us out yesterday. Reese had just gotten up from a nap, & we were still hanging out & playing with Reese upstairs. I hadn't gone back to turn off the receiver yet. All of a sudden, we heard a baby screaming bloody murder downstairs. We ran downstairs, & it was coming from the monitor. Apparently, our monitor was picking up one of our neighbor's baby monitors. Creeeepy. We turned it off right away, but now I keep wondering if they can hear our baby too.
Anyways, that's all of our excitement for this week!
Oh you're not crazy, Mama. I almost bought one of those Angel monitors. They were too expensive and that's how I ended up with children in my bed. Couldn't handle the stress. :) Then with number 2 and his GERD, doc tells me to MAKE him sleep on his tummy. Yep, that one ended up in bed with me too! Reese is just adorable!
ReplyDeleteThank you! It's crazy how much these kiddos worry us.
ReplyDelete