She moves all over the place while she is sleeping at night. She is almost always laying backwards when we go in to get her in the morning (as in her feet are where her head should be), & last night we watched her do a couple 360 degree turns on the video monitor. It's amazing how she scoots all over the place. The other night, she rolled all the way over onto her belly in her sleep, which woke her up & confused the heck out of her. Matt & I went into her room & found her looking around in bewilderment. We only laughed at her for a minute or two before we helped her back onto her back. When she is sleeping peacefully, her preferred position is now on her side. All of this crazy sleeping leads to some pretty hysterical bed head.
Matt also thinks it's a lot of fun to see how much worse we can make it. He likes turning her into Baby Einstein. Poor girl.
We are in the process of getting all of our Christmas decorations up, & Reese loves looking at the lights. She helped Daddy hang an ornament on the tree, and amazingly, we got the ornament on the tree without her eating it.
On Friday night, Matt & I went on our first "date" since she was born. We really didn't mean to wait this long. Time just got away from us, & before we knew it, it had been almost 5 months. It was WONDERFUL to get out of the house & have a nice adult dinner together. Of course, we talked about her pretty much the whole time (what else do we have to talk about??). I did resist the urge to show our waiter pictures of our adorable daughter, but I felt bad because I'm sure it would have made his night. :) We had a great time, & we definitely need to work on making date night a regular occurrence.
We took Reese to get her picture taken with Santa yesterday. Our local dog food store where we buy Bailey's food was having pictures with Santa, & you could reserve your own time slot so that you didn't have to wait in the super long line at the mall. Plus, the pictures were being taken by a professional photographer, so I figured they would be a little better than a snapshot from the mall. I thought this was a great idea, & I thought it would be cute to get a picture taken with Bailey. Our appointment was at 11:15. They were running about 15 minutes behind when we got there--no big deal, right? We got in & got the pictures taken. Reese liked Santa until she got REALLY hot sitting on his suit. She started to get a little crabby, so we decided to wrap up the photo shoot. I was looking forward to getting her home (she was crabby because she needed a nap), but when we got done, it was a TWO HOUR wait to review & order our pictures. And there was no option to view them online or come back later. I couldn't believe it. The WHOLE PURPOSE of doing our photos there was so that we wouldn't have to put her through the wait! So, we sat & waited, & she took a nap in my arms. It wasn't ideal, but it worked out. When we finally got to see the pictures, they had turned out cute. There was a REALLY adorable close up picture of her smiling at Santa, but I felt like I had to pick one with her and Bailey together (even though Reese isn't super happy in the picture). We could only pick one, and that poor dog has been neglected enough, I couldn't eliminate her from the Santa photo. Our pictures will be ready to be picked up in a week or so, & I'll try to do a (probably illegal) picture of a picture to share them with all of you.
I have realized with these last few blog posts that my picture taking needs a boost. When I was home with her all the time, I took pictures CONSTANTLY. Now that I am back to work, I'm slacking. I only have super limited time with her in the morning, & by the time I get home most nights, she is either crabby or in her pajamas ready for bed. I promise to get better so that all of the pictures I share aren't all taken on the same day!
No comments:
Post a Comment