Sunday, November 22, 2015

October

We enjoyed our annual trip to Galena. The Fall colors and weather were beautiful. 






























































Reese has absolutely loved kindergarten from day one. She has a really awesome teacher, and she is making a lot of friends. She has really become an incredible reader, and she was invited to participate in an advanced reading program in her school. She meets with a small group and a reading specialist three times a week to do extra reading exercises in reading comprehension. It has been a really good challenge for her, and she really enjoys it. I love the little bookworm she has turned into.






The kids enjoyed painting and decorating their pumpkins. We are still cleaning up glitter. 

















We, unfortunately, discovered that we needed a new hot water heater. It was not a cheap item to replace, but the hours the kids have spent playing with the box have been priceless. 






We had a great Halloween. The kids enjoyed trick or treating, despite the terrible rainy weather.  I was somehow nominated to be the head room parent for Reese's class, so I got to organize and volunteer for her Halloween parade and party, but sadly, it was so busy, I didn't get any pictures!  It was so fun to be there with her. 







They loved watching for trick or treaters and handing out candy. We did have one short spurt of sunshine! 















Charlie has really started to grasp a lot of new concepts recently, and we aren't sure if it's just his age, him starting school, or if his glasses have had an impact. Whatever it is, it has been so fun to see several things start to click for him, and his excitement when he does something new. Puzzles have been a new favorite for him, and he was very excited to show my parents how well he can do them on Halloween.  I love seeing him so proud of himself. 











No comments:

Post a Comment