Saturday, February 20, 2016

November

Here I am, way behind again. :)

I guess I need to start way back in November, but before I do, I realized I forgot to include a huge moment from October!!!  Reese got her ears pierced!  We had always said she could do them whenever she was ready, and early October, she decided it was time.



Matt and I both had birthdays at the beginning of the month, and we had a date night out to celebrate. The kids had an overnight at my mom & dad's, and had fun playing in the leaf piles.



Matt with the kids on his birthday.



I had the privilege of being the mystery reader in Reese's classroom one Friday. The classroom got 5 clues about who the mystery reader would be before I walked in. Reese was certain it was going to be me, and was so excited to see that she was right. It was so special to get to go and surprise her and read to her class.  


We woke up to snow one Saturday morning, and I couldn't wait for this lazy bum to get out of bed (and yes, she still migrates to our room to sleep on the floor each night) to see it!  Once she was up and they looked out the window, they were so excited!  







They hadn't seen snow since before we moved to Florida, and it was a pretty big one! It was the perfect packing snow for snowballs and a snowman, and they had a blast playing in it. 



















After we were done playing in the snow, we came inside to get cleaned up. I was upstairs getting ready, and thought the kids were hanging out in my bedroom. However, Matt walked through the kitchen and spotted Charlie outside--NAKED--eating the carrot off of our snowman. Apparently, he had gotten hungry, and knew just where to find a snack!  

Charlie loves his food, and he loves helping in the kitchen, just like his sister. 


I can never resist a picture of the kids sleeping. :)

 



We had a great Thanksgiving with family (although I missed cooking with my sister this year!). It was a great day to reflect on the many things we have to be thankful for.


We put our tree up after Thanksgiving, and the kids had so much fun decorating it (and each other). It was nice to decorate for our first Christmas in our new house. And these pictures uploaded in reverse order, but I'm too lazy to fix it. :) 
























As usual, our elf arrived (with donuts!), and the kids were so excited that he was back.









My mom always loves making gingerbread houses with the kids. It's so hard to keep them from eating all of the candy!

















I really can't make this stuff up. 



I think that wraps up November!


No comments:

Post a Comment