Monday, October 4, 2010

Mail From The White House

Well, as it turns out, President Obama & Michelle are pretty excited to hear that Reese has arrived. They must have seen a picture of her on Facebook & thought that she was just the most adorable little girl ever, & decided to send her a letter. Or maybe I requested it. Either way, Reese got some mail from The White House this week. The envelope was actually hand addressed. I studied it carefully, & it's definitely pen, not printed ink.





Today is my last day of maternity leave. Boo. Boohoo. I am so grateful that my mom will be watching Reese & that we do not have to take her to daycare for now. It helps so much to know that she will be so well cared for, & by someone who loves her ALMOST as much as we do. I know that we are SO lucky for that. But it's still really, REALLY hard. It's not so much that it's hard to leave her for 8 hours (although that's tough too), but it's harder just knowing that Reese will be spending more time away from us than she spends with us. It terrifies me that Reese will confuse someone else for "mama". I don't want to miss anything, and I know I'm going to. It sucks. I promised myself that I would not spend this entire day crying, so that's all I'm going to say about that. And, although this is a sad transition for me, I know someone else is really excited about it. :)



We have really been working on tracking Reese's schedule & trying to find a rhythm in her routine. I had to recognize that my go-go-go routine was just not working for her anymore. She's getting too old to get good naps in her carseat, & it's time to respect her need for good rest & start letting her stay at home & nap at home in her crib when she needs to. So, no more gym, no more errands until Matt is home at night as much as we can avoid it. The good news is, it's made a big difference. She has really gotten good about taking naps in her crib, & I can finally see a pattern starting to develop in her routine. I don't necessarily want to try to create a "schedule" for her to be on at this young of an age, but it's nice to have some predictibility. I'm also hoping that if we keep most of her days normal, the days that we do have to run errands or be out of the house won't be so hard on her since they will be an exception rather than the norm (and we will also be able to plan our errands for times that we know are good for her).

Ok, I know that you guys don't follow the blog to hear me ramble on, you follow the blog for pics of this cutie. Enjoy!













No comments:

Post a Comment