Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I Survived!

I survived my 1st day back to work. My mom definitely lightened the mood when she got here. I answered the door, and my mom was dressed like Mary Poppins, head to toe. I'm dead serious. She smiled & said, "Grandma Poppins, reporting for duty!" I laughed, grabbed the camera to take a picture, & then told her to hurry up & get inside before anyone saw her. She looked hilarious. It definitely made me laugh, & it eased my tension a little bit.



I was sad when I left because I didn't get to say goodbye to Reese (although it was probably easier that way). She had gone down for her morning nap at 7:45, & she was still snoozing away when I left at 10:30. I had thought that I would get to feed her & say goodbye before I left, so I was really disappointed. I cried on the way to work a couple times, but I pulled it together before I pulled in the parking lot. I was pretty sure I was good to go, but when I walked in the door, I started crying again. Once I got it out that time, I was fine for the rest of the day.

The day went really smoothly, & I'll even admit that I enjoyed talking to grown ups during the day. I missed Reese like crazy, but I only called my mom twice to check in (and once on the way home to get every detail of how the day went). My last patient was stuck in traffic & was going to be really late. I was bummed, because getting home any later meant that I would miss bath time & possibly bedtime, but I wasn't about to refuse to see a patient on my first day back. My boss was really great though, & told the receptionist to call him & cancel his appointment because I "have a family to go home to." I thought that was very nice of him. Maybe he just didn't want to see me cry again if I had to stay late. Haha.

It was nice to have the day off today. Reese & I had a lot of fun. We spent almost every single second together...because she REFUSED to sleep. I don't just mean that she refused to sleep in her crib. She refused to sleep in my arms as well. The girl was WIDE AWAKE. Luckily, she was wide awake & happy. I've read that sometimes when babies are learning a new skill, it will disrupt their sleep habits. So, I'm wondering if that's the case because she has learned a new skill in the last couple of days--she is holding her head up really high & looking around during tummy time!!! Until this week, anytime we would lay her on her belly for tummy time, she would just lay there, & sometimes she would even fall asleep. A couple days ago, she lifted her head up & started looking all over the place. Surprisingly, she didn't stop doing it when I grabbed the camera. I was so excited! I never thought I could be so proud of a baby holding her head up, but it was a pretty big deal. She showed off again for Matt when he got home, & he was pretty excited too.



So, since she has this new skill to show off, & since I had the day off, & since she wouldn't sleep, I decided we should play dress up today. I may have gone a little overboard by taking 75 pictures in one day, so I'll just share my favorites. :)








3 comments:

  1. She is adorable. That pic of your mom cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny that your Mom dressed up!!! I love all the pics...she's so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving all the dress up pics! And I seriously love your mom, sounds like she is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete