Reese loved the egg hunt. The Easter Bunny filled all of the eggs with little puffs, quarters, or bunny grahams, but somebody (:::cough::: Matt :::cough:::) replaced a few with candy. She seemed to be just as thrilled with the healthier treats as she was the candy. I mean, see for yourself.
Here is her reaction opening an egg filled with rice puffs:
And here is her reaction opening an egg with candy. Same enthusiam, right?! ;)
I was determined to get some nice photos of the kiddos in their Easter outfits.
I turned on music to try to get Charlie's attention for pictures. But he just wanted to dance. :)
And just so you can get an appreciation for what we go through to make this blog beautiful; for every adorable photo like the ones above, there are about a hundred of these:
Rockin' the roller skates the Easter Bunny brought her:
Charlie has changed so much in the last month. He is fully walking now--getting close to running at this point. He clearly says Mama, Dada, more (and he signs it), and baby. He has started trying to repeat a lot of other words; Reese (eese), Charlie (ahh-lee), Kitty (kkkki), all done (ahhhhhh as he is signing it), and Muno (Muuun)--yep, we have another Yo Gabba Gabba fan, haha. He also tries to imitate the Moo sound, and he roars for dinosaurs or lions. And by "roar", I mean he says "rah" in the softest, sweetest little voice you have ever heard. :)
Everyone warned me that having a boy would be different, and I hate to admit that they were right.
This boy never slows down, and he climbs EVERYTHING!!!
He also does this adorable/weird thing where he wants to cuddle everything with his head. I think I mentioned it before when I shared a photo of him pressing his forehead to Grandma Betty. But basically, anytime he is intrigued by something, he presses his forehead against it. It's super cute when it's something soft and snuggly like a blanket or a stuffed animal, but it's kind of weird/upsetting when it's pavement or a wood table.
But that head snuggle habit led him to find his reflection in the door the other day, and that was pretty adorable.
Oh heyyyyyyy!!!
You're cute, let me give you a kiss!
Reese is doing great as well. She seems SO grown up to me all of a sudden. It's so fun to have full conversations with her. She is always full of stories and ideas, and it's adorable to hear her vocalize her every thought. She has started verbalizing emotions a lot, and I'm always blown away that she understands the concepts of what she is saying. She uses phrases like, "I wish" or "I hope" or "I can't wait" and "I was thinking." I don't know when she started to understand how to verbalize those feelings, but it's so cute.
I took her to see her first movie a couple weeks ago. We saw Madagascar 3 & she loved it. Matt took her to see The Lorax last weekend. It's so fun to be able to do things like that with her! She was entranced:
Speaking of big girl things, I also took her to get her hair trimmed again because it was getting pretty tough to comb it out. She was so excited about Miss Olivia doing her hair. She has been telling everyone who compliments her hair, "Thanks. Miss Olivia does my hair." haha
I can't believe how long it is!
Reese has been loving on her daddy lately too!
Goodnight kisses:
Playing games with sidewalk chalk:
Playing with her bestie, Audrina:
Oh, and somewhere in all of this craziness, Charlie turned 10 months (he'll be 11 months in a few days!)
Just doing a little grocery shopping...
Reese is in a very.....independent/stubborn stage (this stage will end, right?????). She is great at dressing herself in the morning, but if we are staying home for the day, she insists on wearing her clothes "crazy" as she calls it. This usually means that her pants and/or shirt are on backwards. Almost always the pants. So we get an awesome view like this all day:
We were looking through my baby album the other day, & I decided I think Charlie looks a lot like me as a baby. I was about the same age as he is in these pictures. Anyone else see it? Am I crazy?
I did a little bathtub photo shoot with Charlie--he had a blast!!!!
And, of course, Reese couldn't be left out. She climbed right in as soon as he was done. :)
Charlie on his first Opening Day. :)

Reese says Charlie is a T-Rex. :)
I like taking pictures of the kids in the tub because they can't run from the camera. :)
The weather was SO gorgeous this past weekend. We spent Sunday afternoon out at Silver Springs. It was beautiful!!!!
The water was so still, it the reflections of the trees were really cool--you can even see the clouds a little bit!
We even found this guy hanging out in a tree:
Reese was collecting rocks...there were a lot of them.
We came home & the kids were still wanting to play outside. Charlie mastered walking in his shoes!
But mostly he just wanted to sit and eat mulch.
I think that's it--hopefully I'll sneak in another update before my baby is a year old!!!!!!!!






























































No comments:
Post a Comment