Sunday, March 24, 2013

Florida and March!

Get ready for photo overload.  I have lots to update!  For starters, we went to Florida to visit Jacqi, Brian, Austin, and Callie at the end of February.  Being the geniuses (and deal seekers!) that we are, we booked a 6 a.m. flight out of Chicago.  That meant that we had to wake the kids up at 2:00 in the morning to head to the airport.  No big deal, we thought.  They'll just sleep in the car on the way to the airport, and then in the stroller through the airport, then they can sleep some more on the plane, and then they'll be ready to go when we get to sunny Florida!  

"Hahahahahahahahaha."  

That's a direct quote from my children.  Those kids stayed awake from the minute we got them up at 2:00 until we got to Jacqi's house.  I was looking around for toothpicks to prop my eyelids open, and those little stinkers had the energy of someone that just chugged a case of Red Bull. Their tenacity is amazing.  

Anyways, we had a great trip.  The kids were so happy to be outside.  Honestly, I don't think Charlie really realized that such a thing as "outside" existed until our trip to Florida.  






Reese was interested in Austin's tricycle.  I took about 15 seconds to show her how to pedal, and she had it mastered!


We took Charlie to the beach for the first time.  He LOVED it.  And Reese loved it just as much as she did in San Diego.  Hopefully the next time our kids see a beach it will actually be warm enough to swim!









I love seeing her so happy.  







This little guy steals my heart with that smile.







I can't believe how big he is getting.


Reese loved Austin's swing set!




This was the first time Charlie ever felt grass.  He is not a fan.  All subsequent pictures consisted of a screaming baby.  



Austin has become really good at catching lizards in the backyard!!!




Austin was so good with Charlie.  Lots of hugs.


We kept Charlie & Callie's binkies labeled to keep them straight while we were there...in case you were wondering. ;)


Why didn't I take his socks off before I took this picture?  Why?



I love this face.  Just contemplating life.





Poor Reese got sick right before we left to head home.  She was not feeling good at all for the trip home.  I felt awful for her.  Unfortunately, it was hard to give her the attention and snuggles she needed because Charlie was busy trying to get us blacklisted from ever taking another flight again.  He screamed the whoooooole way home.  Like, really, really screamed. Loudly.  It was awful.  Seriously, google "screaming baby on flight from ft lauderdale". I'll almost guarantee you'll find people talking about him and his unbelievable lung capacity.  And also his amazing resistance to sleep.  Of course, he fell asleep as soon as we got to baggage claim.  Stinker.  

Anyways. :)  It's been a busy few weeks since we came home.  Charlie turned 9 months old.  And started taking steps shortly after.  Seriously.  Taking steps.  9 months old.  He stands without holding onto anything all the time, and his longest record is 4 steps so far.  Crazy.


He was almost 24 pounds and 30 inches tall at his pediatrician visit.  



And speaking of amazing physical abilities, I had to share this picture.  It's not really an amazing physical ability, but it sure does look like it.  Reese must have been rotating on her right leg when I took this picture.  She looks like a yoga master though!




These headphones are not connected to anything.  But she sure looks cool.


More snow.  Blah. She kept taking off her glove to feel it and then screaming and crying because her hand was cold.



St. Patrick's Day was a great day.  It was the first day both kids were fever free after an awful virus that had them both running fevers over 104 degrees for a few days.  It was so good to see them smiling again!





It's always a good time for a random dance party with DJ Lance (from Yo Gabba Gabba).


On the topic of Yo Gabba Gabba...




Reese begged me to make play dough for her the other morning.  She NEEEEEDED green play dough.  So I made it.  And she played with it for six minutes before telling me to put it away.  SIX.  






We were over at my parent's house on Friday.  Charlie kept picking up this shapes box (which is pretty heavy) and then being super impressed with himself that he was holding it.  He kept looking around for approval and making this really surprised face (which my mom kept screaming that I was not getting a picture of).  




My mom put on these 3D glasses and asked Reese how she looked.  Reese said, "Ummm, not good."  But she sure thought she looked great in them! :)



It was my parent's 33rd anniversary when we were over there the other day.  Look at these young looking love birds. 



I wanted to get a picture of the kids with Grandma Betty.  Reese wanted nothing to do with it.  Until we got home.  Three hours after I had tried to get her to take the picture, she suddenly announced that she was ready to take a picture with Grandma Betty.  Sigh.



This picture looks like Charlie is unsure about Grandma.  But that's not true.  He's pressing his face against hers, which is how he loves. 







Charlie is definitely trying to eat my mom.









See all those teeth?  He has 8 of them!!! And I'm pretty sure he's starting to get molars.




He learned this sucking in face and did it for a few days straight. :)





Charlie has started hating pureed food.  He wants to feed himself.  He loves it when we give him a big chunk of something and let him nom off little pieces.  He tried a cucumber for the first time yesterday.  It was a big hit!




He loved his apple for breakfast this morning.  


And Reese and Matt made waffles.  She kept saying, "I'm so happy!"  Such a great way to start the day!


Phew.  I think that's it.  And if you want to see what has been keeping me so busy I don't have time to blog over here, I got my business website up and running!  It's definitely still a work in progress, but it's been hours and hours of work.....it turns out I don't know much about making websites. :)  But I learned, and here it is, check it out!


Also, if you're on FB and you don't already, please visit and "Like" my FB page!













No comments:

Post a Comment