Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Waiting Game

One month before Baby G's due date, one of my friends posted on my Facebook wall, "Welcome to the longest month of your life." This couldn't be more true. The days are dragging. All of our baby projects are completed, I spent 9 hours last weekend cleaning every little corner of the house, and I don't really feel good enough to get out and "do stuff" to stay busy. I am seriously bored. I know that I should just be enjoying this because I'm sure it will be YEARS before I am bored again, but I'm so anxious and excited to meet this little one that I can hardly take it anymore!

My OB appointment on Friday went well. Nothing has changed in the last week. I'm still 2cm dilated, and the baby is low (which is good, although very uncomfortable!!!). I had 4 hours of false labor on Friday night. Contractions started when we were out to eat with Matt's parents around 7, & came every 8-9 minutes until about 11. At that point, I decided to get in the tub to try to determine if it was the real deal (they say if contractions continue with a warm bath or shower, it's real, and if they go away, it's just practice). Needless to say, they went away, and I was bummed. Oh well. She'll come when she's good and ready!

On a separate note, we got our first harvest from the garden. We went out & looked at the zucchini on Friday, and they were still pretty small. By Saturday afternoon, they were HUGE & ready for picking. I can't wait to eat them with dinner tonight!


I didn't get around to posting last week, so here are pictures of the big belly from last weekend. This one was taken on Saturday before Eli & Emily's baby shower:


Here are Emily (29 weeks pregnant) & I (37 weeks pregnant) with our dueling bellies. Sorry Em, I think I have you beat on this one. :)


On Monday, Matt & I took Bailey out to Silver Springs. We had a nice picnic lunch, & then did some walking around (which I quickly realized I did NOT feel good enough to do in the 90 degree heat). It was nice for the first few minutes though!








Here is the belly today at 38 weeks, 3 days:




I have no idea why some of these pictures are normal size, and some of them are huge. I also don't have the motivation to figure it out. :)

1 comment:

  1. You are so absolutely adorable. I think the one of your hands making a heart over your belly should be framed.

    You're in the home stretch sweetie! I'm so excited!!!

    ReplyDelete