Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

Today was Matt's first (unofficial) Father's Day, & we had a great day. I made him pancakes & bacon for breakfast, we spent some time just relaxing on the couch & watching t.v.(which it seems like we haven't done in a looooong time), & then we headed up to Randall Road. We had a lot of errands we had to run, but it was nice to be able to just spend some time together. When we got home, we made a homemade tomato, goat cheese, & basil pizza with fresh basil from the garden. It was delicious!

I got Matt a shirt and a bottle of wine for Father's Day, but my favorite gift was this book, called "Why A Daughter Needs a Dad":

I found it at Borders on Friday while I was looking for another baby book. Before I knew it, I was bursting into tears in the middle of the bookstore. It was pretty embarrassing. I assumed that it was just my overly pregnant, overly emotional state that led to the tears, but Matt got a little misty when he was reading it today, so maybe it's just a really sweet book. :) Here are a few of my favorites:

A daughter needs a Dad...
...to be the standard against which she will judge all men.
...to tell her truthfully that she is the most beautiful of all.
...to teach her to believe that she deserves to be treated well.
...to teach her that her value as a person is more than the way she looks.
...to teach her what kind of man to choose to be the father of her children.
...to learn what she should expect from her husband.
...to help her take the risks that will build her confidence.
...who will let her know that while she may not be the center of someone else's world, she is the center of his.

I know that Matt will do all of these things for our daughter, and that he will be as amazing a father as he is a husband. This little girl is so lucky to have him. :) Okay, I need to stop before I get all emotional again!

On a pregnancy note, I think that the baby has dropped in the last couple of days. I was noticing on Saturday that it wasn't as uncomfortable as usual when I was seeing patients, and that I didn't feel her feet jabbing into my ribs like I have been. We had my family over for dinner on Saturday night to celebrate Father's Day, my Mom's birthday, and my Grandma's birthday. My Dad mentioned right away that my belly looked lower, & I think he's right. It seemed really early for the baby to drop, but after doing some reading, I guess it's normal for the baby to drop as early as 4+ weeks before delivery, so I guess it's not too early (and she's not going to arrive tomorrow, whew!). I am going to the doctor every week now, and next Friday will be my first check to see if there are any signs of dilation, etc. I'm curious to know if there are any signs of my body preparing for labor.

I'm still feeling good overall, but I'm definitely slowing down. Everything wears me out, and I'm starting to feel like I'm waddling (although Matt assures me that I'm not). :) I've been having a decent amount of contractions, and exercise definitely brings them on, so I think my days at the gym are numbered (and my workouts on the days I do have become very short & very light). But, I'm happy that I made it this far. I guess I should just sit back, relax, and enjoy my final weeks of relaxing while I still can. :) Here is today's belly picture at 35 weeks, 3 days:

No comments:

Post a Comment