Reese had her 100th day of school and worked hard on her 100 day project (she decided to take 100 pennies to school).


She dressed up like a 100 year old. I wonder if every parent secretly hates all of these projects and dress up days like I am already starting to. haha It's always worth it when I see how happy and excited she is though.
Reese has been loving her Spirograph.

Both kids love kinetic sand. It's a huge mess, but it keeps them busy for so long, I don't even care!



Reese was so excited to put together her Cinderella's Castle Lego set she got from Santa. It's the biggest set she has ever worked on: 646 pieces! It took her a few days, and several hours, and she was so proud when she finished!!!!


I decided to start giving Reese piano lessons. She is very interested, and is catching on quickly. I hope her excitement continues! It meant so much to me to begin teaching her on my grandma's piano.


She spent a long time learning about the notes and timing before we moved to the piano.


Sleeping kids. I just can't resist the sweetness.

Reese received a cookbook for Christmas from Uncle Brian, and it has been a winner! She has been quite the littler baker/chef. Every weekend, she looks through her cookbook, and she cooks up a storm! We have learned to start planning ahead throughout the week though, because she isn't very happy when we don't have the ingredients for something she has her heart set on making.
She was making crepes for breakfast this particular day.



Charlie and I try to sneak over to the library at least every other week on Fridays. I love our special days together. Our library has a really great area for kids with tons of games, toys, and puzzles. It's a great place to spend an afternoon.

He always insists on getting a cart for his books and doing everything himself.




The kids had a blast going to a Bulls game. These kids love their Chicago sports. :)

We had a bit of a heartbreaking moment when we found this picture in Reese's take home folder from school. To be honest, we miss the heck out of her too. These full days of kindergarten seem like a long time for this little girl to be away from home each day.
After that picture, we decided a mommy and Reese date night was in order. She was thrilled about that. We started at Starbucks for hot chocolate (her request), and then went to Color Me Mine for some pottery painting. It was a great night.
Reese's artwork has been very impressive. She painted this picture for Charlie the other day, and it melts my heart.
My mom and dad kept the kids overnight, and Matt and I had a date night. And then a date lunch the next day before picking them up. It was great!
After we picked them up, we headed to the Blackhawks game. The kids were thrilled!
Reese and I had another mommy-daughter day. I took her to see Mary Poppins that a local theatre production was performing, and it was INCREDIBLE!!!!!! We had the best time. There was a full orchestra pit, and Reese was fascinated. We went down and she met a few of the musicians during intermission. She asked to stay after the show to have all of the main characters autograph her program. She loved meeting Mary Poppins.
Reese made french toast skewers with her cookbook one morning. They were delicious!
Love it when he dresses himself. haha
That's it for January!!!


















No comments:
Post a Comment