We went up to Galena with Matt's family over Columbus Day weekend, as we have for the past few years. As always, it was a ton of fun. The kids were great. They slept great. They were on their (mostly) best behavior. It was such a nice weekend. :)
Our first day, the kids just enjoyed being outside. The house we stayed in had a huge deck, and the kids loved running around on it.
Reese was playing with stickers, but she got a little distracted from her paper...
Mary surprised the kids with sweaters she knitted for them. They are SO cute. Somehow, I didn't get a picture of Reese wearing hers, but I will soon--I promise!
For those of you who don't know, this is like, the best gift EVER for Charlie. This boy loves anything knitted. Any knitted blanket. Any sweater. He just snuggles the heck out of them. So, a knitted sweater to wrap himself up in? Win. One with a hood to snuggle his face, too? DOUBLE WIN. The kid is happy. :)
Sunday morning, we headed into town for breakfast. For the first time ever, I let Reese have a tiny quarter sized serving of syrup to dip her pancake in. Which made her the happiest girl in the world. After breakfast, we started walking through the local shops. Reese was holding my hand, and she looked up at me and said, "Mom, I'm having so much fun in Galena. Going to breakfast together, going shopping together....it's like we're best friends!!!!!" So, I took her to the candy store and bought her some gummy bears. :)
That afternoon, we had a hot air balloon land right next to us out at Eagle Ridge. We were driving through, and it was seriously only about 20 feet above the ground. We pulled the car over, and everyone was waving at us while they landed. I had never really seen one so close, and it was really cool. Reese loved it!
We, of course, had to have our annual Galena photo shoot. :)
Reese and Charlie got to play in the leaves, which was such a treat. Isn't it weird that it's a treat for my kids to play in the leaves??? We seriously only have super tiny trees around us!
They had a little area where you could pick out a baby pumpkin as well, which Reese and Charlie enjoyed.
When we went back to the house, we let the kids run outside for a bit. The property around us was so pretty, I didn't even care that these photos made Charlie look like a girl. :)
I let him climb this old fence that was tucked behind the trees. He loved it. I thought they looked extra cool and vintage and manly (that's my apology to you for the girly photos, Charlie!) in black and white. :)
But then I couldn't help myself. The light and the colors were just so pretty. And Reese was inside with Matt using the bathroom. So, more girly photos for my little bear. :)
Finally, the gal pal arrived. :)
My little loves. They have developed such an amazing relationship. They are so crazy about each other, and it makes my heart swoon.
There were cows in the pasture across from the house, and the kids (and Matt) enjoyed running around.
So gorgeous.
We stopped at Culver's on the way home the next day. Charlie was crazy about it. I distracted myself from freaking out about my boy eating a fast food hamburger by taking pictures. :)
As soon as we got home, we went to buy Halloween costumes for the kids and then out to the pumpkin patch. No rest for the weary!
We did some apple picking as well, and they were delicious!
And one last photo to end the blog. My sweet, sweet boy in his sister's tutu. He brought it to me to put on him, and he loved walking around the house in it. Doesn't he look beautiful? :)




























































































No comments:
Post a Comment