Three weeks into school, and this gal is worn out. :)
Morning drop offs were pretty rough for the first two weeks. My poor gal pal was crying and screaming each morning when her teacher would come to get her from the car. It was heart breaking. I had a friend tell me about a book called The Kissing Hand. Basically, the book is about a child who is sad to leave his mom and go to school. So, before he leaves for school, they kiss the palm of each other's hands, which sends love into their heart, and any time they miss each other, they can press their palm to their face to feel the love. We started doing kissing hands before I buckle her in the car each morning, and it has made a huge difference. She tells me that she uses her hand to feel my love at school, and she always reminds me that I can do the same if I miss her at work. And I do. :)
Matt and I were so excited to take Reese to her school picnic on the first Friday of school. We thought it would be a great opportunity for her to relax and play with kids from her class without all of the pressure of being away in a new environment. Unfortunately, 30 minutes into the picnic, a huge storm rolled in, and we all had to get the heck out of there.
So, we went bowling with my parents, grandpa, and Uncle Ron instead. It was Reese's first time, and she had a BLAST!
Yes, she is pushing the ball down the ramp with her nose.
This was also the first time she saw a vending machine. She drank a lot of water that night. I think she just wanted to keep going back to get more bottles. :)
The Sandwich Fair was last week. We went out on Thursday with my parents and grandpa, and then again on Friday with Matt's mom. The kids loved it. I tried to be the normal cool mom and let my kid eat junk food. And as it turns out, my kid doesn't like corn dogs. She took one bite and handed it over.
There were two petting zoos, and they were definitely the highlight of the fair for my kids.
Reese and Charlie had fun learning how to milk a cow. When they were finished, they both got a sticker. Charlie walked away, examining his sticker, and then proudly walked back to say "Thank you" all on his own. It melted my heart. He is talking SO much right now. We sat down and made a list of his vocabulary the other night, and we got up to 50 words before we stopped. I knew he was saying a lot, but I was a little shocked! Our kids are talkers!!!
Reese had a wristband to go on rides all afternoon. Unfortunately, my previously brave girl was terrified of most of them. She went on this car ride over and over and over and over though...
She did muster up the courage to go on the spinning dinosaurs. She even asked to ride again with me the next day. She did great. I, however, thought I was going to lose my corn dog.
I even got Reese a bag of cotton candy. And then I took it away 3 bites (and a couple pictures) later. I tried to be fun...
Charlie LOVES sweet corn, so he had a few ears out at the fair. Everyone who walked by him devouring it got a good laugh.
Reese is still talking about how the camel lips tickled her hand when she fed him. :)
They had pony rides next to the petting zoo. Charlie was very intrigued.
So we joined the fun. :)
Charlie loved riding the train!
So did Reese. :)
My favorite. The elephant ear.
The kids won a Hello Kitty prize. :)
The fair sure does wear them out.
S













































































No comments:
Post a Comment