Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Well, I've been back to work for over a month now, and it's official...I'm way behind on everything.  I'm only working three days a week (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday), and I don't know how I would handle any more.   My mom is doing great with the kids and Matt is surviving the evenings (I work until 7), but things are definitely chaotic.  My first day back to work was a Saturday, and Matt brought the kids down so Reese could get her teeth cleaned for the first time.  She was able to watch Audrina get her teeth cleaned first, which helped immensely, and she did so great!





Charlie is getting SO big.  He's such a smiley baby, and he started giggling a couple weeks ago, which is fantastic.  We're pretty crazy about him around here!




Reese has been going through a bit of a rough patch lately.  I don't know if it's a delayed transition to Charlie or just a typical two year old stage, but she is...special.  Her tantrums are pretty out of control, and she is challenging us in all new ways.  We have been trying to make sure that she gets lots of extra individual attention--trips to the park without the baby, grocery shopping with Daddy (her favorite!), and other special "big girl" activities.  We have fun while we're doing them, but I can't say it's helped her behavior much.   Sigh.  This too shall pass. :)

One of our special solo trips to the sprinkle park:





Arts and crafts time:


More park time!





Playing with homemade bath paints (made from shaving cream):



My mom sent me these pictures of Reese getting into the Cherios and then helping herself to a handful of sugar when I was at work one day. 




Cheese face!



There's her darn brother stealing her attention again. :)



Fun day at a sprinkler park with Jordan, Olivia, Audrina, and Beckett:






Three months old??????  Crazy!


We took the kids out to the Sandwich Fair along with my parents and Matt's mom.  Reese loved the animals.  She got to feed the ducks, which equally excited her and freaked her out.  


We took her on the giant ferris wheel and she did great!



She also enjoyed a ride on the carousel and the train.



Playing the duck game:



We have had a few play dates with Olivia and Co. lately.  At our most recent play date, Reese was very possessive of Audrina wanting to see Charlie, which at least reassured me that she really does like him, despite the jealousy.  


Handsome boys:


I love watching these girls play together!






I know this is the kind of picture that really embarrasses a kid when she gets older, but I think it's adorable.


One of the many moments that make all of this craziness worth it:


And even if they make you crazy all day, they're so precious when they sleep.


Speaking of sleeping, Reese has had a big transition in the last week.  Last Thursday, I heard her wake up from her nap and went upstairs to get her out of her crib.  To my surprise, when I opened the door, I found her walking around her room.  Despite my attempts to keep her in a crib for life, she decided to start climbing out.  We tried to put her back in the crib at bedtime, and she crawled out within a minute of us leaving the room.  So, we did a quick removal of the side of her crib and converted it to a toddler bed, which I was SO not ready to do.  She has actually done really great with the transition though.  It was so cute to watch her on the camera the first night.  This picture of her sleeping half in, half out of her bed is my favorite.




Charlie is a talker and a singer like his sister. :)



And Reese has gotten really good at identifying her letters!














No comments:

Post a Comment