I'll try to do a quick summary of the last month. Reese is officially (daytime) potty trained. She has been amazing, and I am so proud of her. Charlie turned 2 months old on the 6th. We took Charlie for his 2 month check up and Reese for her 2 year check up on the same day. Charlie weighed in at 14 lbs, and is 22.5" long. He is in the 94th percentile for weight and height. He's a tank! Reese's visit went great, and the pediatrician was incredibly impressed with her vocabulary. I actually thought she was kind of quiet when we were there!
Charlie has become a tummy time superstar. A couple weeks ago, he was doing tummy time and I was shocked to watch him roll over from tummy to back. I remembered that Reese starting doing that when she was about 3.5 months old, so I checked the developmental milestones list, and sure enough, kids don't usually start doing that consistently until about 4 months. So I figured it must have been a fluke. So I flipped him over, and a few minutes later, he rolled over again. I still figured it was a fluke. Well, now he has rolled over more times than I can keep count, and he's doing it on a daily basis, so I guess he's doing it for real. He is so strong!!!
We spent a great day at a water park with Jordan, Olivia, Audrina, and Beckett. The guys chased the girls around in the water, and Olivia and I hung out with the boys in the shade. Great day.
Charlie practicing his Michael Jackson moves in his sleep:
Mom, if you ever do my hair like this again, this fist is coming for you!
Who's handsome? Me????
Reese loves to eat tomatoes straight from our garden.
She REALLY loves black beans.
I can't resist taking pictures of this kid in his pajamas. He just looks so sweet!
We went on a trip to NYC last weekend to visit my girlfriends. We took Charlie, and Reese stayed here with my parents and Matt's parents. I felt really guilty about leaving her behind, but I quickly realized that she was having a blast and not missing us one bit. She would have hated being carted around NYC. Matt's brother, Brian, came with us on the trip, and it was nice to have him along. Before we went, I had the mentality that traveling was going to be SO easy with Charlie. I think that everything just seemed so much less daunting only having one kid instead of two. I felt like it was going to feel like a huge break. I don't really know what I was thinking. One kid is certainly easier than two, but it's still really hard!!!! I think big cities are hard with kids in general, and navigating the subway with baby gear got old pretty fast. We really enjoyed our low key activities like hanging out at my friend's apartment, and relaxing in Central Park, but trying to do much sightseeing was tough. This was our third trip to New York, so luckily, we were happy to relax and skip most of the crazy tourist stuff. I think I took less than ten pictures all weekend, and half of them were on my phone. It was just too hard to carry the camera around all the time! (Actually, half of the pictures on this blog post are from my phone. I guess second child syndrome has set in. I need to work on that!)
Hanging in SoHo:
We had a nice dinner with Jake and Gina while we were there!
Charlie and I in Times Square:
Joe Cool, just chillin' in Central Park.
I never even had my camera when we were with my friends. Thankfully, my friend Morgan was nice enough to share a couple of her pictures! There were about 20 of us that got together for the weekend. Here is Morgan, me, Rose, April, and Cristina.
And just a few more pictures of my sweet, snuggly boy.


























No comments:
Post a Comment