Thursday, September 9, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

Labor Day Weekend was so much fun. Exhausting, but fun. Brian (my BIL), Jacqi (my sister), & Austin (my nephew) were home from Florida. My parents were in their glory with both of the grandkids around (and I'm sure they were happy to have us there too). My cousin, Ashley, got married on Saturday, & we got to take Reese to the wedding & show her off to the family. The wedding was beautiful, and Reese was really good all day. I had SO much fun dressing her up for the day. She looked so adorable (if I may say so myself). Unfortunately, she was not very fond of my pre-wedding photo shoot, so I didn't get the greatest pictures, but you get the idea.















On Sunday, we took a very big step & left Reese for the first time to go to the Cubs/Mets game with Brian & Jacqi. I was so nervous to leave her, and I was up until 2:00 in the morning trying to decide if I could really do it. I typed up a list of instructions for my parents, & that made me feel much better. I know that my parents are perfectly capable of caring for a baby, but it made me feel better to put everything in writing. Matt was teasing me because the list was 2 pages long, but I reminded him that when we leave Bailey with a dog sitter, her list of instructions is a full page, so I didn't think doubling that for the baby was that bad. I cried when we left, & then got teary a few times throughout the day, but overall, we had a great time. I was so happy to get back home to her though. Once we got back, we headed out to Matt's parents for a cookout with his family. Reese was pretty excited about all of the day's activities, & refused to sleep. She decided to party until 1 a.m., which was pretty exhausting.

On Monday, we spent a very low key day at my parents. Austin showed a lot more interest in Reese, & it was pretty cute. He even checked out her headband. :)

















No comments:

Post a Comment