Reese has had a couple of fun weeks. My parents have been down in Florida visiting Austin (oh, and Jacqi and Brian, too), so Mary (Matt's mom) has been watching her during the day. She has had a blast with Grandma Mary. I love seeing how excited she gets to see each of her grandmas. Each morning when she hears the garage door open, or the knock at the door, she yells, "Grandma!" and goes running to see them. Mary arrived one morning while Reese was still in her crib, and I thought Reese was going to jump right out. She was bouncing like crazy, impatiently waiting for me to hoist her up and take her downstairs. Reese became obsessed with the watch that Mary was wearing this week (it was like a slap bracelet with a watch face). Mary let her wear it while she was here, and each night after Mary was gone, Reese was still grabbing her wrist, and asking for the "clock".
The poor dog can't get a break from Reese's affection. Reese is constantly loving on her, which is sweet, but we're still working on teaching her how to be gentle. Bailey is 9 years old now, and she doesn't always appreciate Reese piling herself on top of her. She loves sharing her toys with Bailey, and she will often take a whole pile of toys, one by one, and lay them next to her. Bailey loves it, as you can see. As you can also see in the background, I had to quickly jump up after taking this picture when I realized that Reese was getting ready to share her stroller with the poor dog.
The other day, Reese took all of my towels out of the kitchen cabinet to cover Bailey with "blankets".
Along with taking all of her toys to the dog, Reese is also going through a phase where she loves to make piles of her toys in random places. She will take all of them and make a big pile on the sofa, on her chair, by the stairs, or sometimes on Matt and I. The other day, she sat in her chair, and she kept saying, "Please, please." I had no idea what she wanted, but through lots of questions, I finally figured out that she wanted me to pile all of her "babies" on top of her.
Reese is still saying new words each day, and we are constantly amazed at the things she comes up with. We have noticed her using more two word phrases. She has also been singing a lot, which melts my heart. It's so sweet to hear her soft little voice gently singing out some jumbled words. She still loves to dance, and her latest move is her "ballerina twirl". She puts her arms out and spins in a circle. It's pretty awesome.
Reese is also getting really good about knowing what she is supposed to have and touch, and what she isn't. Unfortunately, her self control still needs some work. :) She will frequently go up to something (my cell phone, the dog bowl, etc.), and say, "babies, no," meaning that it's not for babies, which is what I always tell her. Sometimes she will walk away, but other times, she just can't control herself, and she will continue to take my phone or splash in the dog bowl while saying, "no." Oh well, she's learning. :)
Reese and Matt had fun playing with each other through the sliding glass door yesterday. She thought it was hilarious, and she wanted to give him kisses through the door as well.
She is getting sillier by the day, and she is learning how to tease. She loves coming up to us and offering something, and then laughing and running away. The other night while we were eating dinner, she kept holding out her fork and asking for help when she was having trouble getting a bite. She would hold out the fork to me, I would reach for it to help her, and she would pull it back, smile, and say, "noooo," which really sounded like a long meow. She would then point her fork to Matt, and say, "Dada!" Matt would try to help her, and she would do the same thing to him. It's pretty funny to see her try to make us laugh.
She has also been acting silly while she uses the potty. Often, her clothes from the day before will still be laying on the bathroom floor (don't judge me!). She always asks for the socks, and she wants me to put them on her hands. She also wants me to put her pants on her head. She thinks it's hilarious (she's right).
She likes to clap her hands together with her socks on them, and she likes to put her hands on her face and say, "Oh no!"
I constantly wonder what is going through her head. The other morning, she woke up crying, which is unusual for her. I walked into her room and asked her what was wrong. She pointed to her head, and said, "Hat." Puzzled, I asked her if she wanted to wear a hat. She nodded, and said, "Yes. Please!" I opened up her closet door, found a hat, and put it on her head. She was happy as could be. I have no idea why she woke up so upset and wanting a hat, but it made me laugh!
A rare picture of Reese looking at the camera AND smiling:
I gave you a picture of me smiling, Mama, what more do you want?!
No comments:
Post a Comment