It seems that nice weather is FINALLY here to stay, so we have been spending lots of time outdoors. Reese gets to visit the park in our neighborhood several times a week, & she loves it. There is a little tot park that has baby swings, a smaller slide, and lots of stuff for her to climb on. We have been taking her in her wagon, & she loves riding in it.
Here is a video of her swinging:
We got her a baby pool over Memorial Day weekend. We put it in the living room to see if the size seemed right, and she climbed right in & played in there for a long time.
She loved it even more when we moved it outside.
Reese LOVES to eat. She has loved everything we have given her, & it's very rare that she gets purees anymore. She prefers finger foods that she can feed herself, which is very messy, but adorable. She loves to chow down on carrots, sweet potatoes, broccoli, green beans, peas, avocado, bananas, pears, watermelon, canteloupe, pineapple, garbanzo beans, hard boiled egg yolk, chicken, and fish. We are going to give her ground beef for the first time this week. We are trying to expose her to as many tastes and textures as possible at a young age so that she hopefully won't be a picky eater. :) Here she is chowing down on some egg yolk, which is definitely the messiest food she eats.
Reese is really developing a personality, and she loves to be silly and make us laugh. She loves hiding behind the curtains and playing peek-a-boo. She also loves finding the kitty hiding behind the curtains.
Physical therapy is going well, & we're just about done. We have to call & schedule her next appointment once she starts walking, & I think we will be released after that. She is REALLY close to walking. She is taking several steps at a time. Yesterday, she took 7 steps to walk between Matt and I. That's her record so far. She is definitely gaining confidence, and she's so proud of herself when she does it.
She has started making some animal sounds. She roars when she sees a lion, and she quacks for ducks. My mom says that she meows as well, but I haven't seen it, so it doesn't count. ;) Last week, my heart almost burst out of my chest when I went in to get her from her nap. I walked in her room, she looked up at me with a huge smiled, and yelled, "Mama!". I couldn't believe that she finally said it, so I asked her to say it again, & she did. I asked her to say it a third time, and she smiled and called me Dada. Oh well. She has been saying it off and on since then.
She is really into books right now, which makes this mama so happy.
Yes, Reese, I'm still following you around with the camera.
She is making her snarl face CONSTANTLY right now. She will do it on command as well, so we request it frequently because it's so funny.
Here are a couple more videos for your viewing enjoyment.
Moxie was taunting Reese under the bathroom door the other day while I was getting ready, & it was pretty funny.
Reese has been brushing her teeth with the Sonicare every morning. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment