Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

It's so weird to be acknowledged as a mother this year. Today has been a great day. I woke up to the smell of french toast cooking. After a wonderful breakfast, Matt gave me a Mother's Day card, chocolates, and a gift certificate for a pedicure (which will come in very handy since I can no longer comfortably reach my feet). All day long, friends have been sending "Happy Mother's Day" text messages. It just kind of feels surreal, and it's very sweet. :)

Matt has been working away painting the nursery all day today, & it looks great. I am so excited to get this project started! He has had so many people offer to come over & help him paint, but he insisted that he wanted to tackle this project alone for his baby girl. He did accept a little help from Moxie though. :)





While Matt was busy slaving away, I went shopping. :) I ran over to JCPenny because I had 2 $10 off coupons & I wanted to look for curtains for the nursery. I didn't have any luck finding curtains, but I got these adorable dresses for $6 total!!! I love a deal. Even if I did have to go through the line twice to use both of my coupons. I'm not ashamed. :)



Here is my belly picture from today: 29 weeks, 3 days. 74 days to go!








No comments:

Post a Comment